Police: Knife Wielding Man Brawls With Santas On Train
It was another year full of drunken shenanigans as thousands headed to New York City for the annual SantaCon bar crawl. Every year, the city is invaded by a sea of festival party goers decked out in Santa suits and other holiday decor. Many will start drinking at the crack of dawn, and continue through out the day.
Of course, when you get all those people drinking all that booze in one spot, things can get a little crazy sometimes. One example was on a Long Island Rail Road train, as police say a 45 year-old man with a knife got into a fight with several young men in their 20s. Hudson Valley 12 did not indicate how the scuffle began, though one of the Santa suit wearing younger men ended up in the hospital with a minor puncture wound on his leg.
The Santas were able to subdue the man, with the help of couple of off-duty police officers, before things really got out of hand. The 45 year-old was arrested and is being charged with assault, criminal possession of a weapon and harassment.
In an unrelated incident, the NY Post is reporting that a West Virginia man visiting the city for the event urinated on himself before throwing up and then passing out outside a McDonald's McDonald’s on 42nd Street, between 7th and 8th avenues.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie