Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Over 1,000 Bags of Heroin
A Hudson Valley man is accused of driving around the area with over 1,000 bags of heroin.
On Monday, the Village of Liberty Police Department arrested Justin Ellis, 33, of Liberty. Ellis was found to be in possession of approximately 1,030 bags of heroin in a vehicle that he was driving in the Village of Liberty, police say.
Ellis was charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the 3rd degree, felonies and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the 2nd degree, a misdemeanor.
Ellis was arraigned in the Town of Liberty Court and remanded to Sullivan County Jail without bail. Ellis is due to appear in Town of Liberty Court on Wednesday.
- Couple Says They Were Racially Profiled at Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man is 200th FDNY To Die of 9/11-Related Illness
- Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley Kid's Hangout Spot
- Child Dies While Attending School in Hudson Valley
- You Might Be Able to Stop a Hudson Valley Restaurant From Closing
- Popular New Hudson Valley Restaurant May Be Forced to Shut Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Makes Global News After Finding 'Doorknob' in Food
- Missing Hudson Valley Swimmer Found Dead