Pennsylvania Man Named Stiff Stiffs the State Over $100K On Tolls
None of us like tolls, but one Pennsylvania man took toll evasion to a whole new level. Some say he really stiffed them.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is reporting that a 36-year-old man named Jarrett Stiff skipped paying tolls on the Pennsylvania Turnpike 2,264 times from 2012 to 2017. Yeah, he stiffed them hard.
The Associated Press says Stiff has almost $128,000 in unpaid tolls and subsequent fines. Stiff avoided getting fully stiffed by the system himself, by pleading guilty in April to theft of services, and was ordered to pay over $11,500, which is a little better than $128,000.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie