Part of Route 9 Set to Close Wednesday
The closure will start on Wednesday night May 29th at 8 p.m.
According to the Poughkeepsie Journal, a highly traveled section of Route 9 in the Town of Fishkill will be closed down starting Wednesday night at 8 p.m. until around 6 a.m. Thursday morning May 30th and could cause some early morning delays for some commuters.
The closure will affect the northbound and southbound lanes of Route 9 between Elm Street and Merritt Boulevard as the department of transportation continue construction work in the area.
The DOT reminds all drivers to use caution when traveling through all work zones and to make sure to follow the posted detour. If you do travel in that area on Wednesday night or Thursday morning, we should all expect delays.
As a reminder. if you get caught speeding in a work zone, fines are doubled and if you are convicted of two or more speeding violations in a work zone, you can have your driver's license suspended.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie