Become Hudson Valley ‘Tiger King': Catskill Game Farm Up For Sale
The property that once housed the popular Catskill Game Farm and the recently remodeled Long Neck Inn is up for sale. The more than 200-acre property is on the market for just under $2 million and comes with the six-room inn which was remodeled in 2019, four glamping sites, 14 stable horse barn and all the other odds and ends you'd expect with an old zoo.
There are more than 100 buildings on the property, 3.5 miles of paved trails and over 250,000 square feet of parking space. The property is connected to more than 20 miles of mountain biking and hiking trails. Potential usage includes a campground, theme park, RV Park, family estate or mini-home development.
Catskill Game Farm started in 1933 as a hobby for a New York banker by the name of Roland Lindemann. As to what year they officially opened to the public, there is some question but there is no doubt it was a popular destination for animal lovers from the tri-state area and beyond.
Here's hoping someone has a vision for the property so it doesn't turn into more expensive apartments.
Joe Exotic is currently tied up for a few years but maybe he'd be interested when he gets out of prison, there is lots of room for tigers there.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie