Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting in Orange County
A man wanted for questioning in a shooting incident was killed following a struggle with officers in the City of Newburgh
On March 27, at approximately 5:00 p.m. City of Newburgh police officers approached an individual in the area of 40 William Street who was wanted for questioning in a shooting incident that occurred on March 26, in the area of Benkard Avenue and William Street.
When officers approached the individual he displayed a silver handgun. A struggle ensued and the handgun discharged and multiple officers returned fire. The officers were taken to the hospital for treatment.
The suspect was brought to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is being conducted as a joint investigation with the New York State Police and the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie