New York Ranked As Most Energy Efficient State
Energy is expensive. In fact, it’s one of the biggest household expenses for New Yorkers.
The U.S. Department of Energy estimating families could save up to 25% on utilities with energy-efficient measures. The average family spends at least $2,000 per year on utilities.
Wallethub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia to determine who is the most energy-efficient.
New York was ranked as the most energy-efficient state. Here's the breakdown.
Energy Efficiency in New York
- 3rd – Home Energy Efficiency
- 20th – Vehicle-Fuel Efficiency
- 1st – Transportation Efficiency
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie