New York Man Accused of Raping Hudson Valley Teen Multiple Times
A New York man is accused of raping a Hudson Valley teen on a number of occasions.
On Jan. 2, the Ulster County Family and Child Advocacy Center began investigating several allegations about a 15-year-old woman being raped. Police were told the girl was raped in the Town of Rochester during the fall and winter of 2018.
The investigation revealed that Mark A. Smith, 45, of Smithville Flats, on multiple occasions, raped the teen or engaged in oral sexual contact with her, police say.
Smith was charged with two counts of rape and engaging in a criminal sexual act, all felonies.
He was arraigned in the Town of Rochester Court and remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $25,000 cash bail. An Order of Protection was issued on behalf of the victim.
- Chance The Hudson Valley Will See Major Snowstorm This Weekend
- New York Officials Want To Remove Trump's Name From Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teacher Wins $4 Million in Defamation Case
- Hudson Valley All-Inclusive Resort Among Best in the Nation
- Hudson Valley Featured In Upcoming Movie Featuring Many Stars
- Prepare For Traffic Nightmare on NYS Thruway This Weekend
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Now Offering Free Food
- Married Hudson Valley Couple Found Dead Inside Home
- Credit Card Skimmers Found at 2 Hudson Valley Gas Stations
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Coming To Hudson Valley
- Tappan Zee Bridge To Be Blown Up
- Highest Paid Teachers in Hudson Valley