My Lost Treasure: The B-52’s
Today we are celebrating Kate Pierson from The B-52's. A day early. Tomorrow, April 27, is Kate's birthday. It's hard to believe, but she turns 71 tomorrow. She still looks and sounds great! I'm not sure what her secret for agelessness is, but I wish she'd share it with me.
I love playing The B-52's. It feels so local. Kate Pierson lives around here and has her own lodge in Mt. Tremper called Kate's Lazy Meadow. It's really cool. Rustic, modern, and vintage all at once. The last time I played a B-52's song on My Lost Treasure, Kate actually sent me a nice email. And today I am honoring her once again.
Happy Birthday, Kate! Thanks for all of your contributions to music. You're not only talented, but you're also fun and obviously have a great sense of humor. And thanks for your contributions to the Hudson Valley, both as a musician and a business person. Enjoy your special day!
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie