My Lost Treasure: Happy Birthday Billy Joel
Today Billy Joel is celebrating his 70th birthday. 70 already? Where did the time go? I remember when I first heard Billy Joel. He was a Long Island guy, which made him practically local. He was young and new and his music was great. And he's still going strong. In fact, he's playing tonight at Madison Square Garden.
I can still picture the day when I first heard today's lost treasure. I was at Vicki Rudolph-Corbett's house. It was the cool place to hang out. She had a pool table among other things. Anyway, we were all hanging out in her bedroom listening to the new album from Billy Joel. It was The Stranger. And I think it's my favorite Billy Joel album, partly because of the music and partly because of the memories.
Happy Birthday Billy Joel! I'm sure that anyone headed to The Garden for tonight's show is in for a very special treat. I won't be there, but if you are, have fun and don't forget to wish Billy a happy birthday!
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie