My Lost Treasure: Celebrating George Harrison
Today on My Lost Treasure, we are celebrating the life of George Harrison. And what a life it was. George was born on this day, Feb. 25, back in 1943. It's hard to think of George as being 76 since he died when he was only 58.
I love all of The Beatles. Even Ringo. I love them most as a group, but there was a lot of solo stuff from the individual Beatles that I also like. As far as the solo thing goes, George Harrison is probably my favorite. And that's because of my friend Dan the Man. I met Dan when I was only 17 and we have been friends ever since. We are pretty old, so that is a long time. Dan introduced me to a lot of the music that I listen to even to this day. I liked what I knew of George Harrison's solo stuff, but Dan really got me loving George. He played me the albums, not just the hits. And I will be forever grateful.
Happy Birthday to George Harrison, wherever he may be. He changed my life, as well as the lives of so many music lovers. Thanks, George, you are missed every day.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie