Mohonk Mountain House To Offer Free Access During Community Week
Week-long access to Mohonk Mountain House and grounds is free for Hudson Valley residents, but you'll need to know what to say when you get there.
In honor of Community Week December 10-15th, you'll be able to visit the local mountain top resort at no charge. They will also have special meal rates and other sales going on according to their website. In keeping with the theme, simply mention 'Community Week' at the gatehouse for complimentary access.
Mohonk Mountain House is listed as a National Historic Landmark. It started out as a 10 room inn in 1869 when it was purchased by Albert Smiley and has stayed in the same family since its inception. The inn and surrounding 280 acres were purchased with just $14,000. Not a bad investment. They are surrounded by 40,000 acres of protected forest and offer all kinds of things to do.
Interesting fact: According to IMDB, the 1994 movie Road To Wellville starring Matthew Broderick and Anthony Hokpins was filmed at Mohonk Mountain House.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie