Marijuana Found in Four Year-Old’s Backpack at New York State School
Police are investigating how a "partially smoked pot cigarette" ended up in the backpack of a four year-old at a New York state elementary school.
WGRZ is reporting that Niagara Falls School Superintendent Mark Laurrie said the incident happened Wednesday morning at Cataract Elementary School. An aide was helping the student go through their bag when the small amount of pot was found.
The Superintendent said that police say the packaging of the weed leads them to believe the suspected drug came from Canada. Police say the child is not in danger, and was sent home.
An investigation will continue, Child Protective Services was also notified, according to police.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie