Lower Hudson Valley Woman Turns 100, Shares a Bit of Sobering Advice
It was a very special occasion for Lammie Taversano, as the town of Purchase woman celebrated her 100th birthday. Imagine being around that long and seeing that much history go down over the decades.
Her secret for long life? Well, according to Taversano, "Don't drink too much beer!". Well, that sounds like no fun. Don't we like reading the stories about the local man or woman who turns 100, and says their secret to longevity was a shot of something strong a day?
Taversano's family told Hudson Valley 12 that she once worked as a crossing guard and bus driver for the Town of Harrison school district. Her family says she worked during a time when few woman held full time jobs. In fact, her impact on the community over the years has been so great, the Town of Harrison even recognized December 28 as Lammie Taversano Day.
And while her advice may not be what some of us exactly want to hear, she may have a point. After all, it isn't everyday you turn 100 years old. However, all those extra years being sober may be a bit boring for some.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie