Hudson Valley Man Killed in Crash, Driver Fighting For Life
A Hudson Valley man is dead, and another is fighting for his life after a car crash and fire in Dutchess County.
On Wednesday, New York State Police from the Poughkeepsie barracks began investigating a fatal motor vehicle crash on the Shunpike in the town of Washington.
Around 11:20 p.m., troopers responded to the Shunpike between State Route 44 and Kennels Road for a report of one car off the roadway, into a tree, and engulfed in flames.
According to police, 28-year-old James. M Ruiz of Amenia lost control of his Toyota sedan and drove off the road. His passenger, 20-year-old Jeremy L. Annis of Amenia was pronounced dead on the scene by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Ruiz was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center in critical condition, police say.
The Shunpike was reopened at approximately 4:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Amazon May Come To Hudson Valley, Bringing Nearly 1,000 Jobs
- Man Charged in Fatal Hudson Valley Hit-And-Run Released From Jail
- Hudson Valley Residents Can Now Train Like a Ninja Warrior
- Hudson Valley Activist Dies Days After Diagnosed With Flu
- Mysterious Stone Sculpture Appears in Hudson Valley
- Legal Weed in New York Takes Major Step Forward
- New York Giants Gives Newburgh School Large Grant