Hudson Valley Made Zombie Movie Set For Nationwide Release
A Hudson Valley made zombie movie is set to take the country by storm when it debuts in theaters nationwide Friday. 'The Dead Don't Die' was filmed in parts of Ulster and Delaware Counties and wrapped filming in August of 2018. The star-studded film was directed by Jim Jarmusch and features Bill Murray, Adam Driver, and Chloe Sevigny as small-town police officers taking on the undead.
The eclectic cast features everyone from Steve Buscemi to Tilda Swinton to the Wu-Tang Clan's RZA. According to the New York Times, Jarmusch recruited talent for the film the old fashioned way: snail mail. Sevigny stated he doesn't do email and that she received a letter with details on the ridiculous zombie movie through he'd written and she accepted without even seeing a script.
Director Jim Jarmusch is well known for his work on movies as well as music videos. Perhaps best known for 2003's Coffee and Cigarettes and 2005's Broken Flowers, he's also worked with stand out musicians like Neil Young, The Talking Heads, and The Raconteurs.
Will you be checking out 'The Dead Don't Die' in theaters?
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2019
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie