Hudson Valley Fire Department Needs Our Help
Can you help?
If you missed it from the weekend, we heard reports that the folks at the Tivoli Fire Department in Dutchess County had to respond to a fire at their fire house on Friday night around 10:30 p.m.
We got to talk to the Chief of the Tivoli Fire Department, Marc Hildabrand on the Wakin' Up with Cj and Jess Show today about what happened and how we can help. Marc told us that back on Friday after they had a few of their trucks in the festival of lights in Red Hook, the trucks were put back in the bays at the fire station and about an hour and half later they started to receive reports that the fire station was on fire. Marc also said that a volunteer member was on the scene in about a minute of the reported fire and was able to rush inside to save a truck and begin to try and put out the fire. Firefighters were able to save an engine truck, a UTV and a boat but the fire house was severely damaged and may be a total loss.
The fire is under investigation but Chief Hildabrand told us "we think it might have been caused by an electric issue with one of the trucks that were inside of the firehouse."
If you would like to help the Tivoli Fire Department rebuild you can mail a donation directly to the fire department at, PO BOX 46 Tivoli New York, 12583 or you can donate through their official GoFundMe page.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie