How Does New York’s Economy Stack Up Against Other States?
Does New York have the strongest economy when compared to the other states?
With economic growth varying significantly from one state to another, for example, California recently became the fifth largest economy in the world while Alaska has an unemployment rate over 6%, Wallethub compared the states to determine the top economic performers among the states.
The 50 states the District of Columbia were compared across 28 key indicators of economic performance and strength. The data set ranges from GDP growth to startup activity to share of jobs in high-tech industries.
Economic Performance of New York:
- 25th - GDP Growth
- 24th - Exports per Capita
- 12th - Startup Activity
- 23rd - % of Jobs in High-Tech Industries
- 51st - Annual Median Household Income
- 19th - Change in Nonfarm Payrolls
- 22nd - Government Surplus/Deficit per Capita
- 36th - Unemployment Rate
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie