Hot & Stormy Start, Cooling Off Towards to the End of the Week
Looks like we'll start the week off with a heatwave, but end on a cooler note here in the Hudson Valley. The chance for thunderstorms will stick around for the earlier part of the week before things finally cool off.
A Heat Advisory is in effect for Bronx, Dutchess, Kings, Nassau, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster, and Westchester Counties from Sunday 3;34 p.m. until Monday 8:00 p.m.
Highs Monday will hover around 90, with thunderstorms possible in the afternoon. Some of the storms could be severe, with strong winds and heavy rainfall. Lows will only go down to the lower 70s, with a chance for evening storms.
Highs Tuesday and Wednesday will be in the upper 80s to lower 90s. with a chance for storms later each day. Lows will stay in the 70s.
Thursday will see another chance for storms in the afternoon, with highs in the 90s. Once Friday comes, things should cool off a a bit. Highs are expected to stay in the low 80s both Friday and Saturday, with lows in the 60s.
Have a great week.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
<!--END VIDEO CODE -