HHNM Pushing Events Back 2 Weeks, Grounds Open for Hiking
One of my favorite subjects to write about is the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum on Muser Drive in Cornwall. They offer great indoor and outdoor nature programs for both kids and adults. Maybe it's because I grew up in New Windsor and was a frequent visitor, but I think it's one of the most fun and educational museums in the area.
Unfortunately, the museum has also been affected by the current coronavirus restrictions and has decided to postpone or cancel all programs and events through March 29. If conditions and circumstances change this date may be extended. The good news is that the Nature Museum properties are open for hiking or walking. In these times of closures and social distancing getting outdoors can be the most beneficial thing you can do to keep mind, body and spirit fit. If you do visit please remember that the buildings and the public restrooms are closed to the public.
All the animals are being well taken care of, and the Nature Museum has some great events coming up this spring and summer. You can follow the museum on facebook to get more information and fun outdoor tips.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie