GoFundMe Started For Hudson Valley Child Killed in Tornado
Here's how you can help the family who lost an 11-year-old Hudson Valley girl during a tornado in Newburgh, just days after he first communion.
On Tuesday around 4:15 p.m., Gina Garzon, 11, of Newburgh was killed when a large tree fell on an SUV parked behind a multi-family home on Robinson Lane in the City of Newburgh.
Gina was helping her mother unpack their car during the storm outside their Newburgh home when tornado strength wind gusts knocked over a tree. The tree fell onto an SUV, trapping Gina inside.
The 11-year-old was extricated from the vehicle by the fire department and transported to St. Luke’s hospital where she was pronounced dead, police say.
According to a GoFundMe, Gina was a student in the Newburgh School District and made her first communion last Saturday.
As of this writing, the GoFundMe has raised over $11,000 in less than 24 hours.
The mother suffered minor injuries.
This incident is being investigated by the City of Newburgh Detective Division as well as the Orange County Medical Examiners Officer.
- Multiple Tornadoes Touched Down in the Hudson Valley
- Child Killed in Hudson Valley During Violent Storm
- 1 Seriously Injured In Crash That Closed I-87 in Hudson Valley
- Gruesome Details Emerge in Murder of Hudson Valley Musician
- Former Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in Georgia
- 'Very Contagious Virus' Shuts Down Hudson Valley Diner
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
- Update: Teacher Found Dead in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America