Fishkill Police Officer Saves Toddler From Choking
A Hudson Valley police officer is being credited with saving a young girl's life.
The Town of Fishkill Police Department shared on Facebook that one of their officers, Officer Martyn, was in the right place at the right time.
On January 4th, a call had come into Dutchess County 911 that alerted officers to a young child choking and not breathing. Officer Martyn was able to arrive at the location in seconds.
Timing was everything in those moments while Officer Martyn was able to get the object out of the girl's throat and start administering CPR. Officer Martyn's actions were life-saving, as the girl was then transported to Vassar.
Later the girl was life-flighted to Westchester Medical Center and was able to make a full recovery.
Thank you, Officer Martyn for being quick to respond. We're glad to hear the little one made a full recovery.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie