A Hudson Valley fire department is getting tired of having to confiscate dangerous fire hazards.

The Fairview Fire District is on the lookout for unauthorized electrical equipment and power cords at Marist College. In a post to their Facebook page, the Poughkeepsie firefighters released a photo of just some of the electrical cords they have seized during routine checks at the college campus.

On Wednesday the Fairview Fire Department is scheduled to visit the campus again, educating students on keeping their dorm rooms safe and looking out for fire hazards. The firefighters warn that students should never plug appliances into extension cords, run those cords under rugs or furniture or double up cords to make them run longer. Overloading electrical outlets can lead to a dangerous situation for all of the dorm's residents.

The huge ball of frayed, unauthorized and dangerous cords is brought to campus every year to remind students to keep themselves and their roommates safe all semester long.

Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.

Read more:

BONUS VIDEO