Dutchess County Volunteer Fireman’s Association Annual Memorial Event
The Dutchess County Volunteer Fireman’s Association memorial event will take place this Saturday.
The Dutchess County Volunteer Fireman’s Association will host its 22nd Annual Memorial Service on Saturday, October 5 at noon at the Dutchess County Emergency Response Center located at 392 Creek Road, Poughkeepsie.
The annual service recognizes departed members of Dutchess County fire departments or EMS rescue squads who have passed away in the past year.
Among the nearly 100 names that will be read at this year’s event will be Tim McCormack, past Chief of the East Clinton Fire Department, who died in a tragic helicopter crash in New York City in June, and Verne Jackson, a Wiccopee Fire Company life member for more than 50 years and past Fire Commissioner for the East Fishkill Fire District, who passed away at age 87 in July.
The memorial service is coordinated with support from the Dutchess County Fire Chiefs Council and the Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response.
Fire and EMS departments from throughout Dutchess County will be present to show their respects to their departed colleagues.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie