DMV Closes Today: What to Do If You Need Them
Department of Motor Vehicles locations in the Hudson Valley are now officially closed. But what if your license is expiring?
It's one of those places that you try to avoid if you can, but sometimes you have no choice but to go to the DMV. But now, as of March 23, all DMV offices throughout the Hudson Valley are officially closed until at least April 19.
The good news is that you may not actually have to go to the DMV after all. If your license is expiring or expired, the date has automatically been extended until after the DMV reopens. Registrations and temporary registrations from auto dealers are also extended until at least April.
Here's a full list of expiration dates that are now extended.
- Drivers Licenses expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Non-Drivers Identification Cards expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Vehicle Registrations expiring on or after March 1, 2020 are extended until April 19, 2020
- Temporary Registrations from Auto Dealerships expiring during the period of March 1, 2020 through April 19, 2020 are extended to April 19, 2020.
- Any scheduled appointments at NYSDMV offices are canceled as of March 20, 2020.
Those in need of services like passport applications or assumed name applications should contact the county clerk's office. Although traditionally handled by the DMV, these vital services are now being handed off to the county clerk in some counties.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Coronavirus in New York
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie