DEC Announces Annual Tree and Shrub Seedling Sale
New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Basil Seggos today announced that the Colonel William F. Fox Memorial Saratoga Tree Nursery has kicked off its annual spring seedling sale.
Each year, this DEC nursery offers dozens of New York-grown tree and shrub species for sale to the public.
For more than 100 years, DEC's tree nursery in Saratoga has helped reforest New York by providing seedlings for conservation plantings across the state. The annual spring sale is a chance for the public to take part in this tradition by obtaining strong, winter-hardy trees and shrubs for their properties.
The nursery sale offers a low-cost opportunity for landowners to implement large-scale conservation plantings on their property. From homeowners hoping to create a windbreak to those looking to cool their home with shade in the summer, the dozens of species available from the nursery offer something for every landowner's planting goal.
This year's nursery sale runs until May 15, 2020.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie