Celebrating and Remembering Freddie Mercury
It's been a great year for Queen and Freddie Mercury. The movie, the record sales and the publicity. It's hard to believe that Freddie died almost 30 years ago. And today he would have been 73 years old.
It's hard to put into words the awesomeness of Freddie Mercury. An amazing showman with one of the most beautiful voices on the planet. And gone much too soon. I was trying to think of which song to feature as we celebrate Freddie's life. His voice is really fine in Bohemian Rhapsody and Somebody to Love, but I feel like we get to hear those songs pretty often. So I picked one from one of my favorite albums, A Night at the Opera, but it's one you get don't hear very much. And it's goosebumps beautiful, if you know what I mean.
If you're not familiar, give this song a listen. And if you are, I know you're going to listen. Happy Birthday, Freddie, we miss you.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie