Annual Red Haired Gathering Gets New York Fired Up
Hundreds of naturally red-haired people will assemble in upstate New York next week for an annual meeting and toast.
On Tuesday, Oct. 8, starting at 5 p.m., The League of Extraordinary Red Heads will present "Night of the Walking Red VII” at Ryan's Wake Public House, overlooking the Hudson River at 403 River St. in downtown Troy.
Duncan Crary, founder of The League of Extraordinary Red Heads said:
Redheads are really hot in pop culture these days, thanks in part to a rising number of prominent red-haired celebrities, like naturally-ginger actors Kristofer Hivju and Rose Leslie, who played standout characters on the HBO Game of Thrones series. But natural redheads are still a highly visible, and very small minority. We have unique life experiences and it’s fun to spend one-night socializing with others who share that.
Admission is free. Children are welcome with supervision. The League gives special recognition to “Distinguished White Heads,” such as Santa Claus, whose ginger hair has turned white.
More information can be found on their Facebook event page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie