1 West Point Cadet Killed, 22 Injured in Crash
UPDATE: As of 10AM Thursday, June 6, the West Point Military Academy has confirmed on Twitter that one person has died and 20 cadets along with two soldiers were injured. Details regarding the accident are under investigation.
Some 20 West Point Cadets were involved in a motor vehicle accident on Thursday morning, June 6.
According to NBC 4, "A major emergency response is underway after a crash near the U.S. Military Academy." A crash was reported in West Point at Route 293 and Natural Bridge Road around 7:30AM Thursday.
One cadet has been airlifted to a hospital with serious injuries while four or five other cadets were transported to another hospital nearby. Military police say those four or five cadets were not in critical condition.
West Point public affairs confirmed the crash to NBC 4. They also tweeted emergency vehicles were responding and to avoid Route 293.
We will follow this story with updates as they come in.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie