Highway Closures to Affect I-84 and I-684 This Week
Heads up! Watch out for road closures on I-84 and I-684 in the Hudson Valley this week.
The New York Department of Transportation has announced that from 10 pm to 5:30 am there will be road closures on both I-84 and I-684 in the town of Southeast beginning Monday, June 18 through Friday, June 22.
According to the Danbury Daily Voice, contracting crews will be resurfacing sections of the two major arteries. You know what this means, right? The road crew contractors will be bringing in those humungous night lights that can be seen clearly from Mars and can blind the average human if you stare at them long enough. Ramp and road closures will include:
♦ I-84 eastbound and westbound ramps to Exit 20S (I-684 South) will be closed this Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
♦ The I-84 eastbound ramp to Exit 20N (Route 22 North) will be closed on Wednesday the 20th.
♦ I-684's northbound ramp to Exit 9W (I-84 West) will be closed on Wednesday, June 20.
♦ The I-684 southbound ramps to Exit 9E (I-84 East) and Exit 9W (I-84 West) are expected to be shut down on Thursday, June 21.
There will be flaggers and detour signs to help get you through the traffic quagmire during the resurfacing project.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie