Valentines for Vets Returns to Monticello
I think we can all agree that our Veterans are some of our most important citizens. And sometimes we wish there was a special way to honor them. Well, actually there is.
The Sullivan County Veterans Service Agency will once again host a Valentines for Vets exhibit in the lobby of the County Government Center, 100 North Street in Monticello starting Monday, Feb. 10 and running through Friday, Feb. 14 from 9 am - 5 pm.
Every year, local students create special Valentine’s Day cards to brighten the lives of veterans and to show them how much we appreciate their service. Last year, thanks to the efforts of teachers and students, more than 2,000 valentines were delivered to hospitalized veterans at the VA medical centers in Castle Point and Albany. That means a lot to the men and women who have risked their lives for our freedom.
The Valentines for Vets program is part of the National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans Week. For more information, contact the Veterans Office at 845-807-0233.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie