SUV Goes Off Road and Lands In Swimming Pool in New York Neighborhood
Imagine you're getting ready for work or school one morning and you look outside to see a full size SUV chillin' in your backyard swimming pool? That's what happened around 10 a.m. Wednesday morning in a bizarre string of events. Now, law enforcement is looking for answers.
NBC says it all started when an SUV somehow ran off road, went through the woods, and crashed through a couple of fences in Port Washington. The journey did not end there. NBC says the SUV then went airborne and took a plunge in a neighbor's 10 foot deep swimming pool. The SUV hit the water with such an impact that it even caused a "tsunami" of sorts, as NBC says a large pool wave hit the nearby house.
One resident in the house told her nephew, who then told WCBS 880, that the whole house shook during the crash. The SUV lay half-submerged in the water, though CBS says it luckily landed in the shallow end.
NBC says that two men were inside the SUV and were taken to the hospital. Both are being treated with non life threatening injuries.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie