Study: New York One of the Least Vaccinated States
The results of a recent study ranked New York state as one of the least vaccinated states.
With vaccines being essential for preventing disease outbreaks, especially as we enter flu season, Wallethub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia to determine which states vaccinate.
The states were compared across 18 key categories. The data set ranges from share of vaccinated children to share of people without health insurance to the presence of reported measles outbreaks.
New York was ranked as the 9th least vaccinated state in the country. Here's the breakdown.
Vaccination on New York
- 44th – Flu Vaccination Coverage Rate Among Adults
- 45th – Share of Adults with Tetanus Vaccination
- 45th – Share of Adults Aged 60 Years and Older with Zoster Vaccination
- 46th – Share of Children 19-35 Months old Living in Poverty with Combined 7-Vaccine Series
- 16th – Share of Civilian Noninstitutionalized Population without Health Insurance Coverage
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie