Sex Offender Who Raped Teen Moves Near Hudson Valley School, Cops
A sex offender who served time for raping a teen is now living within walking distance of a Hudson Valley school.
The Kingston Police Department announced on Facebook on Wednesday, Jadius Rowe moved from Catherines Street in Ulster Park to Marys Avenue in Kingston.
The Level-2 sex offender also previously lived on New Salem Road in Kingston, Cedar Street in Kingston and on Page Park in Arlington, Dutchess County.
In 2005, the now 35-year-old was sentenced to one year in prison for raping a 13-year-old girl in Ulster County, according to the New York State Sex Offenders database.
Rowe's new home is 0.3 miles from Kingston High School, 0.2 miles from SUNY Ulster and 0.2 miles from the YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County, according to Google Maps.
- Amazon May Come To Hudson Valley, Bringing Nearly 1,000 Jobs
- Man Charged in Fatal Hudson Valley Hit-And-Run Released From Jail
- Hudson Valley Residents Can Now Train Like a Ninja Warrior
- Hudson Valley Activist Dies Days After Diagnosed With Flu
- Mysterious Stone Sculpture Appears in Hudson Valley
- Legal Weed in New York Takes Major Step Forward
- New York Giants Gives Newburgh School Large Grant