Route 17 Lane Closures Scheduled
If you travel on Route 17 in Orange County, prepare yourself for traffic delays all this week.
According to the Daily Voice, the New York State Department of Transportation has issued an alert that is warning commuters that all this week from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., there will be lane closures on both eastbound and westbound sides of Route 17. The lane closures will take place between Exit 122A for Fletcher Street and Exit 124 for Route 17A/Route 17M/Route 207 due to construction work.
They are asking that commuters seek alternate routes as contracting crews will be out performing maintenance in the Goshen area, with the work expected to be done by Friday, May 4.
As with any road construction work, the DOT says that motorists can expect delays and detours that will be posted and in some areas there may be flaggers to assist in making sure the flow of traffic keeps going during the maintenance work.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie