Poughkeepsie Route 9 Exit To Close Through December 20th
Traffic on Route 9 in the city of Poughkeepsie will likely be affected by an exit ramp closure that will run into December.
The Poughkeepsie Journal reports the southbound ramp at Laurel Street will be closed from Monday through December 20th. Drivers used to taking the exit will be forced to use a detour. The exit is commonly used to access Rinaldi Boulevard as well as places like Mahoney's and Shadows/Grandview.
On the other side of Dutchess County, through November 24th on the Taconic State Parkway, they'll be doing work to seal cracks in the pavement between exits 58 (Pleasant Valley) and Exit 41 (East Fishkill) both north and southbound from 7 AM until 4 PM. It's a moving operation so there will be mobile lane closures and drivers are asked to be cautious.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie