Police: Hudson Valley Man Drove Drunk With Child, Drugs in Car
A local man is accused of driving drunk, without license, with a child and drugs inside the car.
On Friday around 9:15 p.m., members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office arrested 40-year-old Cesario R. Hernandez of Middletown for aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child in the vehicle, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, criminal possession of a controlled substance, felonies, and misdemeanors for driving while intoxicated and endangering the welfare of a child.
Deputies stopped a car driven by Hernandez on Center Street in the Village of Ellenville for an alleged traffic violation.
During the traffic stop, it was determined that he was driving drunk with a child in the car and in possession of cocaine, police say.
Hernandez was arraigned by in the Village of Ellenville Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $20,000 cash bail or $40,000 secured bond.
- Hudson Valley School Bus Driver Found With Child Porn
- Number of Hudson Valley Areas Crack List of ‘Worst Places To Live’
- ‘Operation Family Ties’ Leads to 9 Guilty Pleas
- Ulster County Woman Guilty of Stealing Nearly $15,000 in Welfare Benefits
- Police Warn After Increase in Car Thefts in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Cop Part of 12 Arrested in Underage Sex Sting
Check out this week's Top 5 Hudson Valley stories including a deer crashing through a windshield on I-84 during rush hour and a high school senior's tragic death.