Police Called As Chaos Ensues At Special 99 Cent Sneaker Sale in New York
Things got a little crazy Thursday morning on Spring Street when an estimated one thousand people showed up for a special cheap sneaker sale. The event was going on at pop-up store on the Lower East side that were selling the new Adidas/Arizona Iced Tea sneakers for just 99 cents. The shoes were specially designed to resemble the popular iced tea cans.
ABC says that many waited in the rain Thursday morning for the exclusive release. Some were said to have even camped out overnight.
Things got crazy quick, as police say two teenagers were assaulted during the melee. ABC says that a 43 year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct, and 21 year-old man was issued a summons for flying a drone over the large crowd.
The event was supposed to go on through Friday, though the Arizona Iced Tea company tweeted that the events both days had been shut down by the NYPD due to safety concerns.
CBS NY says that no sneakers were ever handed out.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie