Police: 2 Arrested For Possession of Weapon in Dutchess County
Two are facing felony weapon charges after a traffic stop in Dutchess County.
Recently, the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrested of 23-year-old Austin A. Suarez of Hudson and 26-year-old Kawan A. Nunnally of Albany for felony weapons possession after a traffic stop in LaGrange.
On Sunday around 4 a.m., deputies stopped a vehicle on Route 55 in the Town of LaGrange for allegedly speeding and failing to keep right.
During the stop, police found a handgun inside the vehicle, officials say.
Both were charged with criminal possession of a weapon, a felony. Both were arraigned in the Town of LaGrange Court and were remanded to the Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash or $10,000 bond.
- CDC: This Year's Flu Is The Same That Once Killed Over 50 Million
- 4 From Extremist Cult Allegedly Kidnapped Hudson Valley Children
- 14 Hudson Valley Teachers Earn 'Gold Standard' of Profession
- 'Dirty Deal' Forces Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurant to Close
- Firefighter Accused of Killing Military Veteran in Hudson Valley
- 9 Hudson Valley Eateries Named Best in 'Upstate New York'
- New Laws For New York in 2019