My Lost Treasure: Happy Birthday Peter Wolf
Today is March 7, and J. Geils frontman Peter Wolf turns 73 today. 73? I saw him just a few years ago, and he looked and sounded great. Like a man in his 30s or 40s. Maybe 50s. But surely not 70s. People like Peter Wolf convince me that rock and roll helps to keep us young.
Peter Wolf is more than a musician. He's a showman. You know when you go to see the J. Geils Band, or even Peter Wolf solo, you're going to be entertained. No offense to the other extremely talented musicians in J. Geils, but Peter makes it for me. I also love the stuff Peter has done solo in the past for years. It's very Americana. In fact, his Midnight Souvenirs album is one of my desert island discs.
Happy Birthday, Peter Wolf. As always, thanks for the great music, the awesome shows, and the memories you've helped me create.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie