Man Accused of Robbing Busy Route 9 Gas Station With Gun
A man has been arrested after police say he robbed a busy Route 9 gas station in Poughkeepsie.
Police are accusing Michael W. Morris of holding up the Chestnut Mobil gas station on Route 9 South near Price Chopper in Poughkeepsie. Just after 7am on May 23, Morris allegedly walked into the gas station and presented an employee with a note stating he had a weapon. Town of Poughkeepsie Police says Morris made away with approximately $380 in cash.
After the robbery, a description of the man was given to police. After an investigation, officers arrested Morris in the Town of Poughkeepsie. The 30-year-old man was charged with Robbery in the 3rd Degree, a felony. Morris is scheduled to appear in court at the end of June.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants