Kiwanis Fill the Backpack Drive
It's almost back to school time, a time that should be exciting for kids. But, believe it or not, some families don't even have the means to buy their kids even the most basic back to school accessories. That can affect a child both educationally and socially. And that's where you come in.
Tomorrow, Aug. 27, the Kiwanis of Southern Dutchess County will be holding a Fill the Backpack Drive from 4 pm - 7 pm at the Chelsea Ridge Apartment Homes Clubhouse on Route 9D in Wappingers Falls. You can help by donating basic school supplies for elementary age children.
Need supply suggestions? Empty back packs, pencils and colored pencils, crayons, binders, loose leaf paper, rulers, erasers, glue sticks and tissues are some of the needed items.
To learn more about tomorrow's Fill the Backpack Drive, visit the Kiwanis of Southern Dutchess County facebook page. To find out more about the Kiwanis and their events and mission, visit the Kiwanis website.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie