Jobs Added to the Hudson Valley
The majority of the Hudson Valley and Catskill region saw an increase in jobs.
The Daily Freeman reports that employment totals for October 2019 were higher than in October 2018 in all counties except for one. Sullivan County was the leader in employment totals, with the Resorts World Catskills being the driving force of their jobs added.
According to the Daily Freeman, Sullivan County added 8.6% more nonfarm jobs from October 2018 to October 2019. Columbia County saw an increase of 1.3% of nonfarm jobs in October 2019, when compared to October 2018. Greene County also had an increase of .07% in nonfarm jobs. Delaware County did not see an increase or decrease in nonfarm jobs.
Throughout the Hudson Valley, nonfarm jobs also increased. According to the Daily Freman, Ulster County had a 1.2% gain in nonfarm jobs, between October 2018 and October 2019. The Orange-Rockland-Westchester Metropolitan Divison had an increase by .9% of nonfarm jobs. The Dutchess-Putnam Metropolitan Division also saw a gain of nonfarm jobs by 1.2%.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie