Is New York the Best State For Working Moms?
As we wrap up Mothers Day, and Mom is heading to bed to wake and go to work tomorrow, it makes you wonder how good New York is for working moms.
With 70 percent of moms with young children working today, Wallethub decided to figure out which states are the best for working moms.
The 50 states and the District of Columbia were compared across 16 key metrics. the data set ranges from median women's salary to female unemployment rate to day-care quality.
New York was ranked as the 20th best state for working moms. So, almost right in the middle. Here's the breakdown:
Life as a Working Mom in New York:
- 1st - Day-Care Quality
- 43rd - Child-Care Costs
- 23rd - Pediatricians per Capita
- 7th - Gender Pay Gap
- 10th - Radio of Female Executives to Male Executive
- 49th - Median Women's Salary
- 35th - Female Unemployment Rate
- 7th - Parental-Leave Policy Score
- 25th - Avg. Length of Women's Workday
- 24th - % of Single-Mom Families in Poverty
You can view the full report at Wallethub's website.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie