Investigation Underway After Hudson Valley Man Dies Hiking
An investigation is underway after a Hudson Valley man suddenly died while hiking in the local area.
On Friday, New York State Police, Greene County police and New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Forest Rangers responded to a report of an unresponsive man collapsed on a hiking trail in the Kaaterskill Wild Forest in the Town of Hunter.
Within 30 minutes, Rangers and paramedics arrived and attempted life-saving efforts on a 65-year-old Rhinebeck man, but he didn't survive, according to the DEC.
State Police and Environmental Conservation Police Officers conducted an on-scene investigation. The cause of death is unclear as officials wait for autopsy results. The man's name wasn't released.
- Investigation Underway After Hudson Valley Man Dies Hiking
- Police: New, Speeding Hudson Valley Motorcyclist Killed in Crash
- ''Historic' Hudson Valley School Bus Now Operating in South Korea
- Hudson Valley Teacher Still Recovering From Vicious Shark Attack
- Hudson Valley Woman Jumps Off Mid-Hudson Bridge
- 16 High-Risk Sex Offenders Move in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Bar Named 'Best in Upstate New York'