I Love NY Signs Being Taken Down Across the State
A landmark sign is going to be leaving roadsides across the state over the course of the next month. The "I Love NY" signs that you see on the side of the road are going to be a thing of the past. Why?
The reason that the signs are coming down is because the Federal Highway Administration doesn't want them up. Their logic is that the signs provide zero navigational information to motorists so they do not need to be a part of our roadways.
When Governor Cuomo had the signs erected in 2013, the Federal Highway Administration spoke up then about it, with the continued 'discussion' going on for a few years. Now, the signs are coming down, over 500 of them.
What do you think about the signs? Are they a distraction? Or they just a part of New York pride? Let us know.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie