Statewide DWI Crackdown Announced For Memorial Day Weekend
On Thursday, Governor Cuomo announced a statewide DWI crackdown for Memorial Day weekend. New York State Police and local law enforcement officials will be launching increased patrols to combat drunk, impaired and reckless driving. The enforcement period begins on Friday and runs through the holiday.
Memorial Day weekend in 2018, more than 230 people were arrested for drinking and driving in New York state. 13,318 tickets were issued and there were 154 accidents investigated, eight of which were fatalities.
Memorial Day weekend marks the start of the summer travel season, meaning more traffic and the potential for dangerous driving on highways. As State Police and local law enforcement step up their efforts to crack down on impaired and reckless driving this weekend, I am urging all motorists to drive responsibly, don't get behind the wheel if you have been drinking, and plan ahead for a sober ride home.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie