Hudson Valley Teacher to Battle James Holzhauer on Jeopardy!
A Hudson Valley teacher will battle Jeopardy! legend James Holzhauer and the person who ended Holzhauer's streak on Jeopardy!
In May, Francois Barcomb of New Paltz finished first in this year's Jeopardy! Teachers Tournament. The Hendrick Hudson physics teacher defeated an Albany history teacher and Maryland music teacher to win the $100,000 grand prize.
Barcomb reached the Teachers Tournament semi-finals after he battled two other teachers and came out victorious, finishing with $20,600. He finished with $18,801 in the semi-finals, defeating a chemistry teacher from Austin, TX and an English teacher from Stamford, CT.
On Wednesday, Jeopardy! announced the roster of players invited to return for the highly-anticipated Tournament of Champions. Barcomb is among the 15 top competitors set to face off for the $250,000 grand prize are
Among the competitors Barcomb will be up against are James Holzhauer, whose 32-game, $2,462,216 streak made him a household name earlier this year, and Emma Boettcher, the person who ended Holzhauer's winning streak.
The 10-day Tournament of Champions event will air from November 4-15.
- Hudson Valley Woman Says Disgusting Item Found in Taco Bell Order
- Missing American Scientist From Lower Hudson Valley Found Dead
- Hudson Valley Teacher to Battle James Holzhauer on Jeopardy!
- Two Lower Hudson Valley Mothers Die in Dominican Republic
- 33 Hudson Valley School Districts That Pay Principals The Most
- Missing Hudson Valley Man Found Dead
- Lower Hudson Valley Mother Dies In Dominican Republic
- Naked Hudson Valley Man Injured After Jumping From Moving Truck
- Bears Are Being Seen Near Hudson Valley Homes At Alarming Rates