Hudson Valley Teacher Wins Big on Jeopardy!
A Hudson Valley teacher can now call himself a Jeopardy! champion.
From May 6 through May 17, Jeopardy! is airing its Teachers Tournament. 15 educators from across the country are battling for a $100,000 grand prize and a spot in Tournament of Champions.
Francois Barcomb appeared on Wednesday's Jeopardy! episode. Barcomb teaches physics for the Hendrick Hudson School District in Westchester.
On Wednesday's episode, Barcomb battled two other teachers and came out victorious, finishing with $20,600. He now moves on to the Teachers Tournament semi-finals.
Barcomb and his competitors all got the Final Jeopardy question wrong. But, Barcomb didn't wager any money and was leading before Final Jeopardy so he was declared the winner.
The second-winningest contestant in Jeopardy! history was recently offered a job in the Hudson Valley.
- Massive Fire Destroys Hudson Valley Business Where HBO is Filming
- 2 From Hudson Valley Killed Driving Back From Yankee Game
- Hudson Valley Teacher Wins Big on Jeopardy!
- Traffic 'Delays' Expected As Filming Closes Hudson Valley Road
- Woman Arrested After Puppy Found Drowned Near Hudson Valley
- Bomb Scare Forces Evacuation of School Concert in Hudson Valley
- Lower Hudson Valley Restaurant Exposed Diners To Hepatitis
- Jeopardy! Champion Offered Job in Hudson Valley
- 'Deadly' Drug-Resistant Superbug Spreading Rapidly in New York
- Hudson Valley Drinking Water Contaminated With Chemicals
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Found in New York