Hudson Valley Optimum Subscribers Finally Have STARZ Again
At the start of 2018, some Hudson Valley cable subscribers were shocked - shocked, I tell you! - to find that their Starz and Encore movie channels had mysteriously disappeared. The short version of the story: Optimum and Starz weren't able to reach an agreement during their contract negotiation, and they parted ways. Now, after about six weeks, the two have finally made peace.
Altice, the company that owns Optimum in New York, will continue to offer all fifteen or so of the Starz and Encore premium movie channels, and they'll be able to sell the Starz App on their new entertainment service. It seems like the App was the sticking point in these negotiations, as both companies had different ideas in how it should be sold to consumers.
The point is, Starz is back, so next time you're a little inebriated and it's two in the morning, a channel exists for you to put on something weird like The Lair of the White Worm and have your mind blown (that is obviously a true example, and I wholly recommend doing this).
But most importantly, this deal came just in time. The Starz original series Ash vs. Evil Dead comes back on February 25th, and there was no way I was missing out on that.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Most Popular Hiking Trail in the Hudson Valley Closing Indefinitely in 2018
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie